Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My wife got her decision letter today & got enhance on care & mobility. Ongoing & will be contacted after 29 Nov 2027. Was a bit confused on the mobility part. We had filled pip2 form in & put wife could walk 20-50 metres so hoped for 10 points. HCP put down wife could walk 1-20 so got 12 points. We told HCP wife could not plan & follow a route as she cannot go out unless accompanied. She is unable to go anywhere alone as she occasionally falls & cannot get back up without help. She cannot cross a road without physical assistance. We told HCP she has not gone out alone since her stroke, 8 years ago. For that HCP stated wife can plan & follow a route unaided,so 0 points. Pleased with final outcome but not some of the HCP analysis
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 925 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.