Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Osteomyelitis - chronic pain
Had osteomyelitis as a baby and hip was then fused. Managed up till age of 50 to work, have children etc, but due to trapped nerve and increasing lower back problems and sitting problems had fusion unpicked. I could walk without aids until surgery. It all went horribly wrong and am now in continual pain on mobilizing and need to elbow crutches. Sitting is still painful and leaning forward or bending causes pain. I never saw myself as disabled till this failed surgery. The 2 failed surgeries were 4 years ago and I have become really really isolated,because i find just cannot relate to able bodied people like i used to. I really need to make new friends, but struggle to go out too much due to pain. Would love to make new friends who understand.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.