My son who has learning difficulties & diagnosied with adhd & ocd & showing signs of autism at schoo — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son who has learning difficulties & diagnosied with adhd & ocd & showing signs of autism at schoo

beauty09
beauty09 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi every one I have a child who is almost 15 years old he already has adhd & ocd & last year diagnosied with learning difficulties last year and might be dyslexia and have autism but now he’s showing signs of autism at school and has anger problems to the extent he won’t understand what right & wrong is and well hits the wall when frustrated. I am waiting fir the child family to asses him more and diagnosied him but I’m finding it hard 

Comments

• abi1987
    abi1987 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi...my best advise is to keep pushing for the assesment. My son is profoundly deaf and because he had that disabilty, regardless of  very obvious autistic traits lack of eye contact, no sense of danger, complete disregard towards peers...and he also used to head bang or slap his hands on the side of his head sooo hard he hurt himself. Im not an expert so please dont take this as gospel but i found with my son when he got into those states it was due to his frustration of not being able to communicate how he felt. Keep chasing for an assesment but in the meantime....Have you looked up a local autism group in your area? In my county we have a fantistic organisation called autism bedfordshire...and they offer loads of support advice for adults but also activities and days out for the kids. Mite be worth having a look to see if you have any organisations or groups like that in your area. Xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.