PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal

Options
DornaM
DornaM Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Im having problems with my pip application I’ve been turned down as I only scored 8 points but some of the comments made have really angered me like the fact that my complexion was good, I smiled in appropriate places and I managed to get my tearfulness under control?? None of this to me has any relevance they also said I attend alone but my sister came with me but I didn’t want her in the room to hear that I no longer want to live !! There is plenty more that upset me but I’ve got a meeting with CAB to appeal any advice would be gratefully received x

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @DornaM and welcome to the community. I'm very glad you found your way to us.
    You smiled during an assessment? Tsk tsk. That must certainly be against the rules. Did Oliver Twist smile when he requested 'more'? Oh but I hate these people.
    You're here and this a safe place, and you're among friends.
    Well done for getting CAB involved - I think you'll find them a big help. Meanwhile, because your post is primarily about a PIP application/appeal, Admin will probably move your post to a forum that will be more directly useful to you. In the mean time you could have a look at some of the PIP related links and see if there is anything there that is of interest or use to you. I promise you you will not find yourself alone! - the PIP Squeaks are busy making life difficult for a lot of people.
    There are a set of links on the purple band lower down the page and under the heading "Employment, finances and disability benefits". You might like to take a look at them. And here I have a link to a Scope resource on 'How to appeal a PIP decision" - https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/33548/how-to-appeal-a-pip-decision#latest  Have a look at it and get back to me if you have any more questions or concerns.
    I am really, really sorry for the hurt that you are being caused. It cannot be justified.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.