Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Has ESA always been points

dee4848dee4848 Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
Hello everybody , Has ESA always had a points system ? I am on ESA but don't recall it been on points when I was put on it .Thankyou.

Replies

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dee4848, and welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

I'm not sure of this myself, but maybe some of our community members will know. What do you recall the system being when you were first put on it? There might be others who have had similar experiences!
  • dee4848dee4848 Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    WRAG is points and you need at least 15 points or reg 29. Support Group isn't points, it's satisfying at least one of the descriptors or reg 35. Reg29/35 are the special circumstances.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    @poppy123456 Thankyou for taking the time to explain I'm in the Support Group but I'm sure it never said an end date .
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    ESA decision letters hardly ever state an end date. If you want to know when your next review is likely to be then you'll have to ring ESA and ask them.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • englishroseenglishrose Member Posts: 5 Listener
    I was automatically put on ESA some time ago.  Can't quite remember what it was replacing but have never in all this time been assessed and was medically retired in 2009.  So i was shaken when their questionnaire came in the post to decide if i can work or not!!  It took nearly all last year to get PIP reinstated.  Honestly it seriously feels like harrassment.  
    @englishrose Hi yes me too I was automatically put on to , oh I'm dreading the postman coming everyday .
Sign in or join us to comment.