MP — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Annabelle26 Member Posts: 103 Pioneering
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I follow my local MP on Facebook & he posted the Guardian article.  I explained my situation & he responded offering his help if necessary. He also said he knows of several similar cases  & it is a travesty.  He is a Labour MP. I am still waiting for a Tribunal date so I have asked him if he could speed things up or ask the DWP to award the benefit without going through the tribunal process because of the stress.  I pointed out I have mental health problems & pointed out I should be entitled to points because of the recent court ruling regarding going to strange places.  I will just wait now to see what happens.   



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.