Worried about eviction — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Worried about eviction

Ronyag Member Posts: 1 Listener
I need some advice please. I suffer with severe anxiety and depression. I have got into trouble with my rent & have an eviction notice. This is due to loosing my DLA & also my daughter/carer moved away. I keep getting letters saying my daughter has tp pay my rent as she is responsible for me . I have dyslexia & dyspraxi so i struggle with letters. I am terrified i am going to loose my home. My anxiety is so bad i cant leave my house, but i have go to a meeting for a notice of aviction. Can anbody help mr please.


  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ronyag and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear you are in such difficulties. I think the best suggestion I can make at the moment would be for you to telephone our free helpline on 0808 800 3333. 
    Others will no doubt respond to this post, too, and seek to help you.
    And don't be afraid to get back to me with any more information or questions. I'm here, listening.
    Warmest best wishes,

  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2018
    Hi @Ronyag, and welcome. So sorry to hear about your current situation- as Richard says, it may be worth giving the Scope helpline a call. 

    You mention losing your DLA, have you considered appealing the decision? If so, we have some great resources to help you begin the appeals process and would be happy to offer some guidance? 

    It sounds like your anxiety is really debilitating at the moment. If you feel like you need support or you want to talk to somebody about this, here are some mental health helplines who may be able to help you in that area.

    Please do keep us updated and we'll help and support wherever we can. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.