Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Need advice with son's bladder issues
hi, regrading enuresis issues. my son is 8 years old and not dry during THE DAY. we have tried everything. it seems that he cannot control his bladder. we have been referred to a NHS clinic who suggested that he should use the bathroom every hour, drink loads, keep a diary etc. nothing helped. they started suggesting that he may be immature (which he is not ) or not trying hard enough. believe me, he tried so much. he feels awful that his younger brother who is three is already dried during the day. he is a normal child who achieved all his millstones at the expected rate. he is pretty clever. please, I beg you, if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear from them. life is really challenging since I have to change his clothing few times a day. I am not talking even about nightimes. his friends started noticing the smell and tease him somtimes. his self-esteem is affec ted. I would be very grateful for any suggestions. BTW, we have tried homeopathie, osteopath, EFT etc
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 689 Autism and neurodiversity
- 821 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.