PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Assessment advice

Niclevi99Niclevi99 Member Posts: 15 Connected
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi everyone I have just made a claim for PIP after much encouragement from my family. I have thoracic back pain and lower back pain for 19 years constant and severe depression anxiety OCD agoraphobia autism and hypothyroidism  I have my assessment on 16th may and am panicking and scared. I have been reading about all your horror stories and am not liking my chances. I am however fully prepared for MR and appeal if necessary as I know I'm entitled to this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Replies

• Lasian_ScopeLasian_Scope Member Posts: 660 Pioneering
    Hi @Niclevi99, welcome to the community!

We do have members who have been happy with how their assessment went and I hope that this will be the case for you as well, but we will be here to support you either way. We do have some information on PIP, including preparing for an assessment. 

Hopefully, other members will be along soon to give some more advice :)

• lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    Be strong and you will succeed.
    my f2f wasn’t a bad one. She was quite nice. She wrote everything I said in her computer  which was then put in the report she then  put in her opinion which consequently pulled my points down. Which is what the decision maker went with.
    it was overturned at MR
    I know it’s hard but just be yourself and be aware that they are watching every move you make. Eg crossing your legs or moving your hands etc.
    They will try to get you to answer trick questions as well.
    or questions that you have already answered but put in another way.
Sign in or join us to comment.