PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Waiting time - DLA

Anchorman1Anchorman1 Member Posts: 10 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
My DLA runs out in June 2018.How soon do i have to phone up and request the forms. Do i get notice about this if so how much notice?.Thank you in advance.

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Anchorman1, good morning I should give them a call and see what's going on. I exspect you will have to fill in a PIP claim form as most people are moved over from DLA to PIP plenty of information about the application process and scoring system on this site or goggle it to find out more.
  • Anchorman1Anchorman1 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Thanks wilko was just wondering if they send me out word when to phone them up.I know i have to ring them up first just don't know when.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,926 Disability Gamechanger
    This is ominous. You should have had a renewal form by now and you need to contact them immediately. This will, depending on your age, trigger an invitation to claim PIP. Regrettably the timings may mean you lose benefit for a period as you’d be unlikely to get a DLA/PIP decision between now and June.
  • shazzzybshazzzyb Member Posts: 4 Connected
    Pip will be awarded from date of application so if it takes a while it will be backdated.
    @shazzyb there is usually a gap of 4 weeks between the end of DLA and the start of PIP. Backdating is when benefit is paid to a date before the date of claim. Payment back to the date of claim is arrears. PIP cannot be backdated.
  • shazzzybshazzzyb Member Posts: 4 Connected
    There was a period of several months between my claim and receiving Pip, I received a backdated payment to the original date, that is what I meant.
  • Anchorman1Anchorman1 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Thanks guys just phoned them up and will be getting my forms in 2 weeks then i have a month to send them back
    Ring and ask for an extension and they will add two weeks without querying why.
Sign in or join us to comment.