Powerchair football — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Powerchair football

Options
fr0zenrose
fr0zenrose Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was approached about 3 years ago by someone trying to find players for powerchair football.  It has been amazing.  I've always loved watching football but never thought playing it would be possible . I was scared originally as I have a chronic pain condition but in reality bumps and crashes are very few and the chairs protect you more than you expect. It has been fantastic to be part of a team and take part in something with others. We are a new team but improving every month and it is a really enjoyable experience.  Clubs provide chairs to use at training and during completions generally - although it does of course depend upon your seating system requirements,  we have a few players that play in their day chairs with bumpers added due to seating system requirements.  I would definitely recommend people check out any local provison or clubs in theory area. It has made a huge difference on my life and health both physically and mentally . I feel like part of a team and feel like I have friends that I don't pay to be here lol. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.