Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I was approached about 3 years ago by someone trying to find players for powerchair football. It has been amazing. I've always loved watching football but never thought playing it would be possible . I was scared originally as I have a chronic pain condition but in reality bumps and crashes are very few and the chairs protect you more than you expect. It has been fantastic to be part of a team and take part in something with others. We are a new team but improving every month and it is a really enjoyable experience. Clubs provide chairs to use at training and during completions generally - although it does of course depend upon your seating system requirements, we have a few players that play in their day chairs with bumpers added due to seating system requirements. I would definitely recommend people check out any local provison or clubs in theory area. It has made a huge difference on my life and health both physically and mentally . I feel like part of a team and feel like I have friends that I don't pay to be here lol.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.