Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is womble1956!
Hi everyone I have been disabled since 1998 when I was in a car accident which damaged my spine, after 9 weeks I got back to work under pain killers for 3 years untill going to work one morning I was going down the stairs when I got an electric shock that left me with no feeling from the waist down that made me fall down the stairs and damaged my spine. I had to have spinal surgery and fusion of the spine and I have never been the same since except for pain and can't walk properly and I cannot walk, stand or sit for any length of time. Think that will do for now.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.