Disgusting Treatment by PIP !!!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disgusting Treatment by PIP !!!!!!

Brittani
Brittani Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have nerve damage in my feet,also cirrhosis,I have been awarded the lower rate,and am appealing,I am in pain all the time and only leave the house once a week accompanied, i have been waiting 7 weeks for reconsideration,I phoned to ask what was happening was shouted at by the person on the other end of the phone and the phone was put down on me !!! I rang back waiting another 20min,asked to talk to a manager, who told me there was no record of my call, and they didn't get payed much to do this job!!! and i would hear in a week or so I am still waiting!!! The waiting time was 6 weeks when I applied now I am told It is 8 weeks am so discussed how I am being treated by these people,I could cry with the frustration of it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Brittani, I know it's frustrating waiting for your PIP award letter, have you requested a copy of your acessment report this takes about two weeks to arrive once requested and should will give you a good Indecation of what your award may be but you still have to wait for the official award letter to arrive. There was and is no need for the rudeness you received from the call Center, hope you get the results you exspect or deserve.
  • Clarecook1973
    Clarecook1973 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi hun so sorry your going through all this with pip on top of having a difficult life any way. 
    I used to get dla for my depression now I get nothing lol thing is I now have chronic anemia.depression osteoarthritis in my hands wrist n I want all through the pip assessment they lied again n again so took it to tribuneral they said no there to because I care for my autistic son I can't get pip to how can i care for someone of i can't care for my self lolol simple I have good days bad days n I have to look after him I'm all he's got. I was so disillusioned with the whole process it really put me back emotionally I had a panic attack during the court case thing n couldn't stop crying but they didn't believe me bout my depression saying u have proof of missing appointments it's a pattern it's a choice n I'm choosing not to help my self grrrrrrr but had so much proof of being sectioned in the past anyway u stick to your guns n fight it don't let them get away with it xxx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.