What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What help can I get?

td43td43 Member Posts: 4 Listener
hey i am having difficulties doing very basic roles, i have gone for very basic roles and im having difficulties. is there any way i can get benefits if i cannot seem to work

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @td43 Pleased to me you welcome. I would suggest have a look at our benefits posts and threads.

For information and advice.

Also have a look at What Benefits am I entitled to.

Have you also looked at the DWP websites as well they have a lot of information and advice.

Hope that helps

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Pioneering
    Hello @td43 and a warm welcome to the community. Glad you have found us, and sorry you're in difficulties.
    Could you tell us what it is that makes you struggle? Do you have a particular diagnosis, for example? It might help us to help you if we understand a little better.
    Warmest best wishes to you
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • td43td43 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hey, I do not have a specific diagnosis I am certain I have a learning disability I have found things like studying and holding jobs very difficult and have taken longer to grasp things than the usual person. I am just about to lose my job again...and I have felt very ignored...I also do not consider myself lazy...if I am having common problems everywhere I feel something sis wrong with me...this will be my fourth probation i will be failing.
    Hi @td43 and thank you for getting back to me. I do understand that you are having a difficult time, and I do want very much to help :smile:
    Would it not be wise to see your doctor, explain what is happening and try to get a diagnosis? Or have you tried already?
    Best to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
    @Sam_Scope Can I ask what you think?

i have been to some doctors i have not found them helpful...one time i had psychosis a mental health condition they dint take me seriously
    td43 said:
    i have been to some doctors i have not found them helpful...one time i had psychosis a mental health condition they dint take me seriously

Hi @td43
    At this point I'm honestly not sure what to suggest to you for the best, but I'm only the first to respond and there will be others :smile: It might also be worth your having a look at MIND, the mental health charity, here https://www.mind.org.uk/
    For now, please stay in touch, and I will try to find some advice to help you.
    Very best to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @td43, and sorry to hear about your current situation. If you haven't already, you may like to give the online benefits calculator a try to see what you may be entitled to.
Sign in or join us to comment.