Higher mobility DLA & ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Higher mobility DLA & ESA

maymay Member Posts: 2 Listener


I have been trying to help my mum with her benefits and getting in a bit of a mess! I have managed to work out that she receives ESA/SG and also DLA for mobility only. My mum was assessed 5 years ago and hasn't heard anything since, I'm not sure who sent for the assessment but I know that she was originally receiving Incapacity Benefit which was changed to ESA.

Is this right that someone can only receive the mobility part for DLA? She receives the higher allowance too, I am a bit confused as to why she only gets that and not the living part?

Any help you could give would be very much appreciated.

Thank You



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.