Incapacity benefit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Incapacity benefit

 My son in law was on incapacity benefit in 2011 got move to ESA income-related  he lost his child care and his wife work part-time her wages was taken in to account but when he was on incapacity benefit it was not some one said he would of gone on to contribution based is this right


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Poppybaby2 Pleased to meet you welcome.

    I am not sure of an answer to your question.

    Have you seen our advice information on benefits. Could be answers there or one our community will know the answer or a member of our team.

    Take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • whistles
    whistles Member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    It's probably better if he comes here to ask his questions rather than third hand. Just a thought.  :)

    He might get a combo of the two. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.