Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
I should know all this info by now but my thick head is catching up with my sick body haha, I am now at the point where I desperately need extra help around the home (housework etc) but will find it a financial struggle to employ a cleaner. What I would like to ask is:- am I correct in thinking that to try to get an increase in the care component of DLA (mid to high) all I need to do is visit my local DWP/jobcentre plus office to apply and will this application automatically offset the transition from DLA to PIP. I am currently in the support group of CB ESA and thought that I read somewhere that my postcode/area (SL1-Slough/Berkshire) should have already transferred over to PIP. Apologies for the long post and many thanks in advance for your input, best wishes from Seth
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.