Where can I receive help to get a new mattress? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where can I receive help to get a new mattress?

custardmac
custardmac Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Can anyone advises me. I am on universal credit and I don't wanted a budget loan but because of health risk I need to get a new mattress,dose anyone no where I can get help with this?   I have looked on the internet and I asks about help local assistance fund and I try free sites and did get mattress but it not good. So I in a pickcal.

Comments

• Gaina
    Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Do you see a doctor about your health problems?

I'd probably start with your health care professional to see if you can get a referral to an occupational therapist to find out exactly what your needs are.  Also, don't forget that anything you buy that's classed as a 'mobility aid' (including certain beds and mattresses) is often VAT exempt. ?
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    I don't think you could get a matress worth a try though .and o.p can offer other things.I wasent allowed a matress .you could try free cycle. People offer lots for free and you can also ask for it too be gifted  good luck 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.