Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

chronic pancreatitis and Creon.

MerryMerry Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in Disabled people
I have chronic pancreatitis and was recently diagnosed with malnutrition as my body has stopped making the enzymes needed to break down and absorb the nutrients I need. I've been prescribed Creon, an enzyme replacement therapy, but as I've not come across this before I was wondering if there's anyone here who's also on it?

Replies

• steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Merry

Welcome to our site/online community.

It’s great to meet you today.

I do hope that one of our friendly members can help you with this???

But I would be more than happy in helping you look into things on the internet if that would be helpful???

• MerryMerry Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks Steve, nice to be here. Also thanks for the offer of internet help but I'm internet friendly thank goodness. :)
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Merry, and a warm welcome to the community! 

This isn't something I have experience with myself, but hopefully some of our community members will be able to share their experiences with you.
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Merry, how are you doing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Merry said:
    I have chronic pancreatitis and was recently diagnosed with malnutrition as my body has stopped making the enzymes needed to break down and absorb the nutrients I need. I've been prescribed Creon, an enzyme replacement therapy, but as I've not come across this before I was wondering if there's anyone here who's also on it?
    Hi Merry, I take creon as I have Cystic Fibrosis and that affects my pancreas in a very similar way to yours. Xx
Sign in or join us to comment.