Back date payments after court tribunal. — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Back date payments after court tribunal.

pigeon55
pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
Cb esa was stopped Feb 2017 and not recived any benifit from them. Asked for assessment in Feb 2017. Had this and was told I didn't have enough points so asked for mandatory reconsideration had this lost. Ask for court tribunal in September 2017 got this. Had court date last week appeal was allowed. What date do they return back pay to. 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi pigeon55
    @mikehughescq May have a better answer for you but your payments should be backdated to the date you submitted your present claim form.I assume from your post this was February 2017 however I would call them and check because I am not 100% certain how far back they can backdate.
    Good luck.
        Debsidoo.x
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,548 Disability Gamechanger
    Backdating is when you go back to a date earlier than the date of claim. What we’re talking here is arrears back to the date of claim and it does indeed sound as though they should go back only to February because it sounds like you only challenged the decision on the new claim and not the decision on the original award. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.

Online employment support

Support to Work is an online and telephone support programme for disabled people who are looking for work.