Carer for someone with Prostrate Cancer — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carer for someone with Prostrate Cancer

suky
suky Community member Posts: 2 Listener
How does someone cope mentally and physically looking after someone with the above.    ?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @suky   Sorry what you are going through. My heart goes out to you and I know many members of community may be in touch.  To offer how they cope.

Who will offer advice and information with sensitivity and kindness.

All I can do is to say have you spoken to your Doctors ask for some help and support. One option is the care providers looking after the person who is ill. Are they helping you.?

All I am doing is asking and hoping if anything is useful.

Have you rung our helpline if that helps for any thing they can advise on.

0808 800 3333

Also may I add we as a community support each other. Please if you wish some one to listen . Am here anytime as all of our community to be supportive. In any difficult situations.

Please take care

Always in prayers and thoughts.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Hiya I've been through cancer myself on the other side now .Imy treatment canned me .luckily my children were a bit older .I would suggest ringing social services for a care plan too help .also redcross do a free service for 12 weeks .they help with transport help etc .is he having treatment at the moment .there is also a community door too door transport which may be good if having lots of appointmentstuff. Also I'm on Nottingham and we're very lucky too have a cancer support centre for patients and family effected .can't praise them enough .the do so much art;relaxation medatation or just chat with others in the same boat .if I can be of any help please message me .t.c.ruth x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @suky and a warm welcome to the community! Do you currently have any support while being a carer?
    Scope

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Hi @suky, and a warm welcome from me too! Just to add to the above, Carers UK have some great online support and guidance, and also a helpline:
    Our telephone helpline providing information is open on Mondays and Tuesday between 10am and 4pm - 0808 808 7777 - Carers UK

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.