Will I need another tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I need another tribunal?

Options
julie1962
julie1962 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,im new to the group, my name is karren,i have just won my appeal for p.i.p,at a tribunal, i have been awarded it at an enhanced rate,my money was stopped in September 2017,i only had my hearing on the 6th july 2018,after incurring more stress from ongoing debt ext,and still not receiving a payment from p.ip!!!,...i now have a form to fill in all over again submitting medical evidence to apply for e.s.a. will i have to go to another tribunal for this?..l really am at my wits end,i am so distressed by all this it is having such an effect on my wellbeing, i really feel enough is enough, any advice will be very welcome, kind regards 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @julie1962   Pleased to meet welcome.

I believe the answer you are seeking is that I know for each benefit you will need to submit evidence.

Both PIP and ESA are two separate benefits. I know this because I had to submit evidence for ESA. Then applied for PIP.

Had to fill in PIP and give same information more the same as ESA.  Even says on the PIP form have you any other benefits.

I hope to reassure you. Sorry but it is one of the main issues and problems as a community we face.

Giving the same sort of information twice or more over. It is one of the main annoyances for myself. Constantly repeating my life and disability on forms all the time.

One of our team or a member of our community will be along to advise further.

Please can I suggest with any issues or problems . Consult your local CAB or welfare rights.  Just know could be useful for any information, advice and support.

Hope that helps.

Also have a look under our benefit advice for further comments, chat, debate and information, advice.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • julie1962
    Options
    Hi there and thank you so much for your reply, ok so at least im abit clearer i just feel that im running around in circles wi4h no end!!i had a face to face interview with an assessment agent in September 2017 i was made to feel like a criminal and after presenting her with my medical evidence and list of medications ext,she showed me her hand and said i haven't asked to see that, "this is how it's going to work, ill ask the question you answer ",at no time during the questions did i answer one,as she answered for me?,i got through this then went to the tribunal, i won this on the 6th july 2018 and have heard nothing since,,..i have received this from esa and thanks now i know i have to complete this too,however on the 9th july , (so only two days after my tribunal )i was called to Birmingham to have a face to face interview and they requested i take my medication with me,so a traumatic trip (20 miles)away to Birmingham i go armed with a bag containing morphine,and other meds and find myself wandering around Birmingham lost and anxious and very frightened, my appointment was at 2,30 i was seen at 4,00 and once again gave my medical history over to a lady who just typed and checked the contents of my bag of meds,i am super worried about facing another tribunal, i don't have a large family, my son and daughter are both away at Brighton university and I have to deal with this alone,...anyways thanks again for your kind replyx
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @julie1962   Thank you for your reply. Sorry what you have been through and I am appalled by the way you were treated.

Please can I add may I offer a suggestion. If to ease the pain and to give you some comfort if I can.

I myself as others on this forum have been through all of this so we understand. You are among friends here

I see reading you live alone.  I understand that and feel for you. I myself have that. Yet I have one friend who is nearby. Also if not is not possible. Please can I say look on line if that is possible for some support.

Have a look at advocates or consider health or support workers.  Other options are to speak to CAB or Welfare rights as I have explained in my introduction to you.

The community is here to help and advise.  I have seen lately on the forum lots of good people like your self. Going through hell all trying to prove themselves. Asking for  help and some money to support and live.  You are a valued member of our community.

Understand you have a family and probably do not wish to bother them. I can understand that but you are their Mother and I am sure they can help and give you some time to support you.  I am sure also as their Mother would be upset and angry for you.

Even though there at University. Try to be there as they could.  I also know if they do not have the time to support or help you..

Had to fight my own corner. Then please can I advise as I said have a look on line. Where to start for helping and assisting you through any issues or problems.

I have anxiety and depression and have been involved trying to get help. Myself with every thing. Used a lot of charities. For self referral which you can do. Make a list of what you need.  Not easy but you can do this. Ask as I suggested Welfare Rights or CAB. I do know it is difficult time for you.

Remember CAB help with forms and lots of information and advice. Help you do it fill it in for you. I know it is hard to ask for help . I am a gentleman of a certain time when every body helps you.  Be polite and with sensitivity and kindness.. Unfortunately not now.

Only people like that are I hope the members of our community.  Find warmth, love and  a listening ear.  Who have been through all of this.

I went to an assessment on Tuesday a trauma and most difficult time. Still after doing this on and off twenty years plus. I can sympathise with my friends on the forum and be supportive to you and them  going through this ordeal.

I hope I was of some help.

Always in prayers and thoughts.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • julie1962
    Options
    Hi,and thank you so much for your very kind and valuable reply,I'm sorry to hear that you too have had to experience this awful ordeal i think its an experience that many of us have to endure just to help us find some security when we are vulnerable and at our lowest of moods caused through all the anxiety that comes with this,it's at best reassuring to know that i am not alone in going through this,i will certainly take your advice on board and seek some support i have chronic pancreatic breakthrough pain and sometimes I am housebound until the pain subsidies, i am constantly worrying that it will flare up and i possibly won't make an appointment and i also suffer really badly from palpitations these are becoming more and more frequent with the constant worry im experiencing at the moment, I'm frightened to answer the phone because I owe money and I feel ashamed, its a very unfair system these people work around i really wish i could support myself in the same way i have in previous years,but i can't and for this im made to feel like a criminal, thanks for all,your a very kind compassionate person
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @julie1962   Thanks for kind words. Sometimes we as people need to ask and speak to others who can help and advise.

Although it may be hard to ask and say what we want.  I also forgot to mention might be support groups related to your illness.  Understand some days in pain and have difficulty.

Of course you are frightened and scared and do not wish how and when to move forward. It is what all of us have been there. I am most days get anxious and worry. 

Small steps. Try to make a list of things that are important to you first. If that is possible.

I believe you owe money.  From reading your story.  Hopefully if you contact CAB . They will help put in touch with agencies and organisations that may advise.  May I add have you spoken to any of our team.  Could be helpful and useful.  0808 800 3333.  Just a thought for further information.

You have done nothing wrong remember that. I have done it and I am sure members of our community have similar experiences.  Asking and the need for some one to listen to.

Goes around in your head and starts to effect your mental state and health. Causing anxiety and other symptoms.  Especially stomach problems and sleepless nights.   Have this myself so know the problems and situations.

Need to talk and share and hope the talking comes up with a  solution to ease my mind.

Am here as the community is to help and support much as we can do.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • julie1962
    Options
    Thank you so much,ill keep you posted hopefully with better news!!!,yes being able to chat to people like yourself who understands first hand,really does make a difference 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Julie1962 , They do it on purpose, in my opinion. They think that if they treat us like criminals, make it horrible and humiliating and stressful, we won't appeal the results. It works on a lot of people, too, as many of us are simply too ill to deal with an appeal. I've been waiting months, and have been trying to put together a submission letter for the tribunal panellsts, but I can only work on it for a few minutes, at which point my anxiety spikes and I dissociate. I come back to myself several hours later, having gotten nothing done. Grumble. I've been swinging back and forth between incandescent rage, severe depression, massive anxiety, and occasionally, hysterical laughter. But damnit, I'm going all the way. They will not deprive me of the money I need to live!
  • julie1962
    Options
    Hi,waylay and THANKYOU,yes your right it's very wrong to treat people this way and it's just another stab in the back,i find im constantly writing my medical history down on paper and i shouldn't  (we shouldn't )have to convince them we are unwell, i am still reeling over the face to face adviser who made several sweeping comments in her interview including personal remarks about 'do i watch daytime t,v.,do i use Facebook and do i buy lottery tickets and scratch card???!!i don't incidentally but what!!!!!,it's crazy ,she also remarked on my home,i like to keep a decent home and why shouldn't i?i really think they expect you to be sat in squalid conditions with flys buzzing around your head watching back to back episodes of the 'Jeremy kyle show whilst swigging cider!!!!....joking aside these people really are the limit and i hope to never have to go through that again,,well its 4 weeks now since I won my tribunal, 11 months since they stopped payment, i have incurred debt and have suffered a near breakdown, i don't think anyone has the right to treat another human being this way,i feel so sorryfor oothers who are yet to go through thisand i have no advice to offer as these people are a law to themselves and i find this is just another stab at people less fortunate than others,

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.