benifits help — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

benifits help

cazza62 Member Posts: 60 Courageous
Hi need a bit of advise please I have been signed off work with neck pain which s due to my fibromalgia I am working 20 hours a week and claiming UC because I am sick and it could be for a while what benefit can I claim I am in the area for the UC not too sure if I can claim anything else plus I am in the process of going to tribunal over pip any advice would be appreciated 


  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,557 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cazza62, I am sorry to hear that you have been signed off sick, how long is this currently for?

    There is a benefits calculator on Scope's website which may be worth filling in as it may give you some results. Also, I wish you the very best of luck with your tribunal. It can be an extremely difficult time for everyone so please do use the community for support- lots of us have gone through the process. Here is some information about the tribunal which you may find helpful. How far are you through this process?

    I hope you have a lovely day and please do be in touch if there is anything that I can do! :)

  • cazza62
    cazza62 Member Posts: 60 Courageous
    Hi chloe I have been signed off for 3 months but looks like it might be more by what my gp said 
    thank you hope you have a lovely day too  :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,557 Disability Gamechanger
    Not a problem @cazza62, thank you! You too :)

  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi @cazza62
    If you're in a UC full service area, then UC and PIP are going to be the correct benefits to have claimed, so you have already got that right.
    With the UC, you need to make your Work Coach aware that you expect to be off a while, and ask them to request a Limited Capability for Work Assessment - unfortunately this would mean any higher payments (unless you are found to have Limited Capability for Work-related Activity, which few are) but it will reduce the conditionality and reduce the risk of sanctions.
    Hope that helps.
    Kind regards,
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.