What type of mobility scooter if I have spinal stenosis? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What type of mobility scooter if I have spinal stenosis?

Options
rmriph
rmriph Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2018 in Transport and travel
Oap suffering from spinal stenosis any help with regards to type of mobility scooter please?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rmriph

Welcome to the community!

I currently have a powered wheelchair due to Transverse Myelitus however I don't have much knowledge on mobility scooters, I'm sure other members of the community will get in contact with you soon to offer their advice :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rmriph and welcome to the community! I hope someone is able to advise you about this. In the meantime please feel free to have a look around and get involved in any of the discussions that you would like :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You maybe better off visiting a mobility shop and trying a few of them for yourself. Everyone is different and what might suit 1 person may not suit another. Try using google to see if there's any of these shops near you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rmriph
    rmriph Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi, thank you all for your comments I will try to get to a mobility shop,my trouble is age and more than one complaint but I will try the voluntary service to get there.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.