What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Free eyecare and dental in Scotland - no help through PIP?

wiltrobwiltrob Member Posts: 2 Listener
Why does contibution based employment and pip not help with free dental eye care in Scotland. What can i do. Help adise appreciated


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Contributions based ESA or PIP doesn't entitle anyone to free NHS treatment. None of these benefits are means tested, which means you could live with a partner that works. 

    If your household is on low income you can fill out a HC1 form for the NHS low income scheme. 
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wiltrob, and welcome!

    You can find out more about the NHS low income scheme mentioned by Poppy, and apply, on this NHS page.
  • wiltrobwiltrob Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much for your replies and help. Appreciated.
Sign in or join us to comment.