Gaseous distension of colon — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Gaseous distension of colon

Anthony1987 Member Posts: 93 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi  just got a letter from pip saying couldn't get it..  this month i just got diagnosis with Gaseous distension of colon  I've  got loads of medication for it i phoned up pip to tell them what i have been diagnose with surely that'd should win the case i was recently on Dla which they said it will stop 2nd of Oct 

Gaseous distension of colon 0 votes



  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Anthony1987

    PIP is not based on the diagnosis, it's about how it affects you on a day to day basis. You can try a PIP self test to see how you could score.
    Senior online community officer
  • Anthony1987
    Anthony1987 Member Posts: 93 Listener
    Yeah alreday  filled it out with cistern advice and there even said i should get something cos can't do much bending with my stomch and left legs shakes when lifting but she not put anything like that'd down I've got my local MP involved now as there said the same thing so should get it 2nd time around. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,253 Disability Gamechanger

    I'm not sure what your local MP can do here. PIP is about how your conditions affect you daily. It's not just about bending down. If you don't fit the descriptors then you won't be awarded points, it's different to DLA.

    Your next step is a mandatory reconsideration and you have 28 days to request this. There's no point starting another claim and sending the same evidence because the chances are you'll keep being refused. You should do the MR then Tribunal if the MR fails and most do. Contact your local welfare rights for help with writing the letter for the MR because you'll need to point out where you think you should have scored the points and why.
  • Anthony1987
    Anthony1987 Member Posts: 93 Listener
    Mp has emailed me back and said they will help if i don't get it as told the woman i can't  do alot of thing's now cos of my stomach and the shakes yeah I've alreday waiting for mandatory  recognition to come I've got more new evidence from when i was in hospital  ive had a text from dwp alreday on monday saying there will look at it again 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.