I'm on ESA and want to claim PIP. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I'm on ESA and want to claim PIP.

gill123 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Iam on esa and want to claim pip ,I have been told once I claim my esa will stop while claim is in progress


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gill123
    Welcome to the community! I am unsure however another member of the community may know and will be in contact with you soon to advise you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @gill123,

    Welcome to Scope's online community!

    I found this comment from one of our Helpline advisors on another discussion:

    "Yes, you can claim ESA and PIP (and many people do) - ESA is paid to people who can't work because of their condition or impairment.  PIP is paid to people who have difficulty doing things in their daily lives because of their condition or impairment.  So people who both can't work, and also have difficulty doing daily stuff, can claim both benefits - they are for different things."

    I hope this helps to answer your question. If we can help in any other way, then please do get in touch!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.