Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Changing ESA groups and the affect of a small pension?
I'm on CB ESA at the moment but am being moved to IR. I had a phone appointment with DWP and they say I'm entitled to IR based ESA. I'm in the support group at the moment, but the paperwork they've sent me states that I'll get the new amount in 13 weeks when they'll decide if I'm in support group or work related activity group. Can they just change the group I'm in arbitrarily? Also I'm due to collect a small Army pension in October, about £100.00 per month. Will this make any difference to my benefit? Sorry it's so long for a first timer, but this is worrying me. Any help gratefully received. Thank you
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.