Hi advise please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi advise please

Options
hollx91
hollx91 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have just been put on pip enhanced rate for both daily living and mobility I have rung every one to let them know tax credits are now aware but explained nothing will I get premium working tax ect can anyone explain if living alone one dependant and just put on full pip payments how much am I entitled to a week now please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,279 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi,
    You won't receive disabled tax credit element unless you work and receive working tax credits. The disabled element isn't paid for you with child tax credits because it's not your childs PIP, it's yours.  Anything else you maybe entitled to will totally depend on what other benefits other than PIP you receive.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your your award letter will  inform you of what your PIP award payments are. As PIP is a strand alone benefit which will not have an impact on any other benefits you receive or entitled to claim. You be aware that as you claim the enhanced mobility rate you will be entitled to claim a blue badge if you drive or are driven about. Also you can claim full road tax of the car you drive and own. You may wish if you drive think about getting a free mobility car but this will use all your enhanced mobility allowance. Have you done one of the benefits calculator site to see how your benefits would or could be improved.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,279 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Options
    An Enhanced mobility award will only automatically entitle you to a blue badge if you scored at least 8 points in the moving around part of the mobility. If you scored the points in following and planning a journey this doesn't automatically entitle you to a blue badge. A PIP award can increase other means tested benefits but it totally depends what, if any you claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.