Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
hello im new here ive been in and out of hospital for the last 15 yr.had 17 operations that left me with severe pain .i have to wear morphine patches every day and take oxy due to the pain ,ive also been under counselors and psychologist on and of since the age of 8 im now 40.i was put on disability benefit ten yr ago .a year ago my ex broke into my home beat me left me passed out covered in blood for police to find .he only got community service so i not been able to leave my home for over a yr .i had my pip face to face 3 week ago ..had to have it in my home .i've also missed lots of doctor and hospital appointments,due to not being able to go out . i got a letter back saying i don't qualify for pip . that left me in a right mess and started my self harming of again .im now worry how im ment to look after me and my son and pay bills
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.