Support with PIP and DLA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support with PIP and DLA

Options
mmm75
mmm75 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm having lots of issues with my DLA and my son's pip it's a nightmare and not helping my mental health at all specially when I'm still waiting for my appointment with mental health again 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mmm75
    Wdlcome to the community! Sorry to hear that, would you mind telling us a bit more please so we can help you as much as possible :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mmm75 and a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you have been struggling with this. I will move your post into benefit section on the community. Is there anything specific that we can help with?
    Scope

• mmm75
    mmm75 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for replying , I'm on DLA still just got forms for switch over however I was on indefinite dla I went into custody in may for 8wks so they put it on suspension so on 30th July rang to arrange it lifted however it's still not been sorted although my husband works he's been left to pay everything totally so no money I don't even get 10p myself to live off and expected to live of the hubby with him paying everything already I've even had to go food bank my mental health is getting worse by the day on top of my other illnesses I tried to run away but was found and still not been seen since coming out of custody by mental health team although suicidal daily , then on top of this I'm my son's appointee his pip stopped on 2nd August as he was only awarded 2yrs at a time last year I won at tribunal for him but as it had taken a year was only a year left on the award they had all the rrnewal forms back in time but he's still awaiting accessing f to f at home so his benefit stopped completely yet it's there delay 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mmm75 I am really sorry to hear this. It definitely sounds like you have a lot on! Citizens Advice is able to help with filling in forms so this might be something to look into. Also, if you are ever feeling down and want to talk to someone about it then please contact Samaritans or MIND. I hope the community can support you through this. Have a lovely day :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.