Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA backpay

nickm701nickm701 Member Posts: 4 Listener
I have just had a letter today saying that i will get ESA back pay, they said it was issued on the 20th, (Thurs), does it take a few days? also, how will they pay it? cheque or into my account?

Thanks.

Replies

• mapchangemapchange Member Posts: 7 Connected
    it takes a few days and it goes straight into the bank account.

Hope I helped you,
    mapchange.
  • lainey64lainey64 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm left bewildered as to why I was sent a letter saying I might have been underpaid and left wondering and somewhat hoping I was.
    Why give us hope,only to tell us we're not entitled after all?
    I got my decision yesterday.
    Surely it would've been kinder and less hassle to investigate privately such cases before writing to the claimants?
    Less disappointment that way.
    I must say although I tried not to imagine I'd get a pay out,you can't help but hope.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    lainey64 said:
    I'm left bewildered as to why I was sent a letter saying I might have been underpaid and left wondering and somewhat hoping I was.
    Why give us hope,only to tell us we're not entitled after all?
    I got my decision yesterday.
    Surely it would've been kinder and less hassle to investigate privately such cases before writing to the claimants?
    Less disappointment that way.
    I must say although I tried not to imagine I'd get a pay out,you can't help but hope.
    Hi,

It's totally impossible to assess someone without knowing all of their circumstances. The Income Related top ups on the CB benefits depends on circumstances. Household income from pensions, savings/capital, living with partner that works or claims other benefits. Unfortunately not everyone is owed money from this error.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • dragonairedragonaire Member Posts: 7 Listener
    I had my back pay issued  on Monday & its gone into my account today so yeah  2 days  & its in your bank account 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,937

Scope community team

Hello @dragonaire, glad to hear you've received your back pay! :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.