Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How much is esa while dla.

PeetweetPeetweet Member Posts: 2 Listener
I've been on dla since 2003  And recently been told I can claim esa from Dec 2013 till now Sept 2018.. I was just wondering how much back pay I would get.. The guy on the phone said I am owed it.. 

Looking forward to your reply. 
Pete

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    DLA has nothing to do with ESA and you can't backdate a claim for this length of time if you're not already claiming it.

Do you claim ESA now, if so what group are you in and what DLA award do you have? Sorry but more information is needed to be able to help you because it's not clear what exactly it is you're asking.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • PeetweetPeetweet Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm on higher rate mobility . Middle rate care component . The letter says.. WE NEED TO DECIDE IF YOUR ELIGIBLE FOR ESA.  FROM DEC 2013 AND NOW.. AND SATISFIED THE CRITERIA . I then had a phone interview and the guy said I would get back pay for that period... 
     But I think its for to good to be true. I'll let you know what I get lol...
    Thanks for the quick reply  
    Peetweet
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,926 Disability Gamechanger
    You are somebody who presumably was getting contributory ESA or who ought to have been getting means-tested ESA following the recent decisions around DWP failing to identify means-tested ESA claimants when converting them from IB and in general. How much you get will depend on which ESA group you're in (the WRAG or the SG). If you haven't yet been assessed then no-one can answer your question until you have been.
Sign in or join us to comment.