help pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help pip

Prettyseasider
Prettyseasider Community member Posts: 9 Connected
 I suffer with osteoarthritis lumber spine disdegeration 7parts califation tendonits of left shoulder and spondylitis in neck osteoarthritis fingers and both knees , i look after my 18 year old daughter has Aspergers I take he to groups and support her when she has melt downs , my other two Daughters help too , I work partime as a dinner lady in kitchen wash post water good for fingers and keeps me busy , I applied for pip before doing my job but was refused due to me doing my stretches in the garden , I don't want to give my job up but it's getting cold and I'm get more pain in winter so need heating on was hoping help with bills and electric bed because I can't sleep flat been on sofa for years 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

For your heating, the only thing that maybe available to you is the warm home discount but this will depend on household income. It's £140 a year not all energy suppliers do this but most do, it also depends on the criteria of each individual energy supplier. See link. https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

You can self refer yourself also for a needs assessment from your local council. An Occupational Therapist will visit your home to see what help, if any they can give you. An assessment is needed for this. They will help with aids etc around your home to make your life a little easier. I'm unsure about any help with an electric bed though.

With the PIP refusal, did you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration then Tribunal if that failed? When was the decision made on your claim?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    With the PIP refusal, did you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration then Tribunal if that failed? When was the decision made on your claim?

Quite possible in this case by reading between the lines that the claimant did not proceed to appeal. Like many without support, knowledge or understanding see a Tribunal hearing as something that terrifies them.
    We will see.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Prettyseasider and a warm welcome to the community!

You've had some good advice above, do let us know if we can offer any guidance with appealing your PIP decision. We'll be happy to help!
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    As well as the warm home discount there is also 
    Winter fuel payment  and 
    You may get pension credit.
    You need a benefit check.
    Your library and cab will help you with a check
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    I highly doubt that any of those benefits will apply here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.