Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
I was getting dla higher rate and low rate care for about the last five years had to transfer to pip had my assessments scored 0 points in November 2017 waited till 8th of October 2018 for appeal hearing felt really intimidated by the panel the gentleman who was from the disability office was asking me about using my hands opening jars and things because of the arthritis and asking why i dont use sticks or crutches, i really wanted to say because I need my hands free incase i fall but cloud not as he had no arms and felt it would of been insensitive of me , felt i was fighting a losing battle from the moment I walked in.
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.