Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Universal credit help please
Hi there, I’m looking for some help/advice about universal credit, I have recently applied for this benfit and received my first payment around a month ago, I have been sending in my fit notes for my extreme anxiety and depression, I have not been able to make the past two appointments as going to the job centre triggers my anxiety to the point were I don’t sleep even a week before an appointment and I have panic attacks on the day I cannot go on like this I called them up each time to cancel my appointment the second time I did this the man on the phone booked me a phone interview, but when my work coach phoned me for the interview she said at the end of the chat that she was going to be booking me in for a face to face one next week I explained all as stated above to her but she still has gone ahead and booked me a face to face interview i know I won’t be able to make it I feel I’ll now about it all and it’s a week away!!! Really dont know what to do, feels like im being punished for my mental state ?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.