Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can you have an esa home assessment?

I suffer from severe anxiety, depression and periods of agoraphobia. Can they do home assessments or paper based reviews. 

I attended their centre once and received no points. I had to appeal. This was overturened before having to attend court. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, home assessments are possible. Paper based assessments are rare and most people have a face to face assessment. Are you currently being re-assessed for ESA?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Debs55Debs55 Member Posts: 18 Listener
    I think it's coming up in January.  But I'm not chasing it. They didn't give me an award period. I'm in the support group. 
    They don't give award length of time on decision letters. It's because for ESA they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    OK thanks. That sounds like a nightmare. I'm hoping I don't hear anything cos I'm stressed about my pip appeal.  I couldnt cope with both at the same time. Thankyou 
    It's very stressful, i agree. I always find ESA more stressful than PIP. I recently had my ESA re-assessment and went a year over the time they recommended.

When you are sent the ESA50 form then you should concentrate on the reasons why you were placed into the Support Group, if they still apply. Put as much information as possible on that form and send the evidence you have when you return that form.
    Thankyou I'm dreading it already. 
Sign in or join us to comment.