If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

New claim by post?

ESABenefitsUK123ESABenefitsUK123 Member Posts: 41 Connected
I see on the gov dwp website, that if you want to start a new pip claim, you ring them.  However, it does also give an address that you can write to, to ask them for the pip2 form.  I was thinking of doing this, as the last time I phoned them, the call handler was very rude, and I was pretty upset by this.  Has anyone tried doing this - starting a new claim by writing to them, and requesting a pip2 form?  Thanks for any comments.


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    It will be much quicker if you ring to start a claim off. You most likely can write to them but they may never receive the letter.

    You say you rang them before? Have you applied previously and been refused?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • ESABenefitsUK123ESABenefitsUK123 Member Posts: 41 Connected
    I don't want to ring them, because they were rude, and I found it upsetting, and I had to wait ages for someone to answer my call.

    I have applied previously, and I only got 2, 4 points.  That was 7 months ago.  My health has changed since, and I have a new and significant doctor's report, and want to reapply.
Sign in or join us to comment.