Pip tribunal 2018/2019 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal 2018/2019

affii1993
affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
Hello I joined the scope in 2018 after awful and disgusting pip review, i have been claiming pip since 2013 including the recent I have had 3 f2f assessments, when i first claimed didn’t think I would get due to lack knowledge about pip, always recent f2f was bad and let down and lies after lies, dwp requested evidence after evidence every time I rang them about an update they said it’s not enough no anyways I put my appeal in April was accepted in May 2018 but the dwp reply to tribunal was so bloody wrong and horrible, before appealing I found no support or any advisor my local cab was full and always opened 3 hours for 3 days a week, I was giving up I was so stressed I didn’t understand what to do, I had huge anxiety and mobility issues from travelling and moving anyways lucky after searching I finally found someone near my house, how lucky after all the stressful from February- April 18 I finally found someone to help me with paperwork, anyways i gathered all the evidence, but got admitted to hospital with huge problems since then I am not the same person, sorry long story, I kept sending evidence to dwp and court but dwp rejected on 21st November they gave me a date for tribunal for West Midlands 3rd January 15:00 later clerk called to say come at 14:30 I gathered more evidence but due health and Christmas I couldn’t send the new evidence so I handed on the tribunal date and the clerk was like this is too much info to be looked at in 5 mins and dwp needs a copy anyways I greeted by the clerk and checked by the metal the court place was so hard to find! And my before app was there for over 1hour10 mins with dwp and yes the dwp attended my tribunal, so the experience was so scary and shaky I still have a mirgaine from it, there was doctor, judge and disabled assessor the doctor kept looking af me I just smiled I didn’t wnat to say and they introduced themselves and said we are independent people and said the new evidence is lot to look, and they can wither adjourn or give me last claim back so the judge asked the dwp what was all this about and pointed out to the problem aids, and why didn’t they award anything after all the evidence they dwp lady agreed and couldn’t answer anyways the judge said she has a lot problems still is being investigated so I will award to until 31st December so u can have another assessment to assist u more and he didn’t ask me anything within 1 min it was over and I got back everything including my back payment and dwp won’t appeal against but I need to reapply in June! What relief and I will be more ready and record any assessment now!! This experience opened my eye and I am so grateful for my advisor who helped me otherwise I wouldn’t have got this far and thank you lord for everything and thank u scope for this website you helped so much and reading everyone story kept me positive and willing to fight them corrupt dwp so everyone I kindly request don’t give me uo anything and your medical report and doctors note is everything and I wish we disabled and helpless shouldn’t wait so long for what we deserve and we shouldn’t be discriminated like we have been!!

god bless you always and I will always be part of this group and anyone need anything pls message me i am happy to help u 

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Well done, i won my appeal in December still waiting to hear from DWP regarding my payments. They did not attend my hearing, i am now waiting to see if they want a statement of reasons. I hope they dont try and appeal the decision its been a long stressful road since october 2017. 
  • cat6873
    cat6873 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    @affii1993 well done! I too have won my 2 appeals for PIP and to be placed in the LCWRA in UC! I was alone and a bag of nerves but it was over so quickly that I couldn't believe it. I don't understand why they don't give give us the award straightaway and we have to fight for it :(  
  • affii1993
    @lindadenise hey I have been following your post about yours and hopefully yours is sorted the appeal times need time to sort and place a payment in place, dwp was there and case before mine lasted over an hour and dwp was with that person but the lady cave out smiling and I was shaking 
  • affii1993
    @cat6873 hey nice to meet you well done! Hope you well it’s nerve wrecking and dwp and the government don’t care, many times dwp have been reviwed about bad practice but they don’t care and they will continue to serve us wrong until the government isn’t changed 
  • cat6873
    @affii1993 nice to meet you too! Well the people have voted for her and look what mess is this Country in :( When I first came to the UK the PM was James Callaghan and things weren't that bad in my opinion. I saw all the others that followed and the only one that ruined it for all is Theresa May. Enough of politics lol! Next Wednesday is my 4th week so I should see some movement in my bank account, hopefully :) So glad it's over...for now!
  • affii1993
    @cat6873 people didn’t vote her, it’s was government who placed her! She lost majority off her MP’S to Theresa May has ruined everything for disabled people since she came to power all this is been happening and no one is happy and everyone is suffering
  • cat6873
    @affii1993 True. All this mess is confusing me you know? For me at the very top is Brexit! If only Cameron had stayed...but I guess we'll never know :( Having a disability should make May more understanding but nope she says if she can do it everybody else can. I was told at my job centre that maybe just the foreigners have to fight to beat the system but, to me, that is completely rubbish
  • affii1993
    Yeh I heard she has MS and don’t forget she has all the staff and the money and all the luxury car, trips food and stupidness @cat6873 I didn’t understand about the foreigner have to fight what? Yes having disability is hard but having depression, feeling low and always thinking what other is think about u and what’s in that person head about and stuff is more harder for me!! Like your own mind is controlled by some else that n your head 
  • cat6873
    @affii1993 my work coach said to me that it's very unlikely that I would ever win any appeal because I'm not British and I just proved her wrong winning 2 lol! Having a disability is not easy, I have a brother who is mentally disabled because of his first vaccine (he's a perfectly looking man only thing is his brain is that of a child) and our mum looked after him all her life until she died. Near the end she managed to get him a pension but in Italy is very difficult.   
  • elbest
    elbest Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    What a nightmare for you and for us all really, so pleased you have got some success at least. Same for me I have waited over a year for my tribunal/appeal and just been through over an hour of gruelling questions on the 15th of December. All I was thinking was if this is not a good outcome what sort of Christmas will it be, luckily I had some support at the hearing but it was still terribly nerve wracking and made me really ill afterwards. No-one realises what worry that it causes for such a long time it is criminal for people who are already struggling with ill health and disabilities. I didn’t get the decision till a week later & that week just before Christmas was so stressful  but luckily I got standard for both for 5years. I still can’t believe it after such an awful experience we shouldn’t have to do this it is degrading and soul destroying, the amount of evidence I had to get was unreal, some people would find it impossible and they are the ones being discriminated against. I so hope you are successful in June and yes thanks to all on here for support and guidance.
  • affii1993
    @elbestcongratulations and one week that is so long for a decision from the tribunal, yeh it is so bad how we are treated and the after effect is so bad too I am still recovering my whole body is pain and mirgaine is shooting and that’s good for 5 years just relax now and next f2f have recording and try to get an advisor and be prepared 
  • affii1993
    @cat6873 oh god how wrong was she? Yeh I had a brother with similar well actually everyone members of my family and extended family have Autism and disabilities Yh I understand I lost my brother due to ill health in understand your situation 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.