Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi I'm new here and I hope someone can give me some advice. I received a letter just before xmas to fill in stating that i could be due a back payment for ESA due to the IB migration this is from 2012 to 2016. To be honest I cant remember which group I was in as back then I had severe mental health problems I do know that I didn't have to go to any work focused interviews until 2016 so does that mean before then I was in the support group. I do know I had to go to the assessment interviews a couple of times and to be honest they didn't listen to what I said in these and basically said I was fit for work however i appealed and won all cases so was just put back on my ESA as i was normally. I'm not longer on any esa as I came through the other side and felt much better by the end of 2016
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.