Why have i scored 10 out of 12 on my mobility award? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why have i scored 10 out of 12 on my mobility award?

Options
lorraineuk68
lorraineuk68 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I today got the deciding letter for mobilty award 10 out of 12
Letter from the medical guy i swear must be standard n they sign 
My mental health plays a part in health as i was abused at 13 n thats where stemed from .... i cant walk the said length etc but what dont understand is going to loose my mobilty or lowered to then loose my car 2 points but stess to add to what have now 
I dont have a cold osteoarthritis is not a take this pill u be ok 
Why have scored 10 n not 12 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lorraineuk68

I am very very sorry to hear about your current situation!!!!!!!

It’s great to meet you,
    sorry to hear about your current problems with your (pip)

Here’s some info for you below on (pip)

https://search.scope.org.uk/s/redirect?collection=scope-meta&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Fpip&index_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Fpip&auth=OdCmUepX8Eu01lD6Q10Fhg&profile=_default&rank=1&query=Pip

Please let me know if you need any help with this?????

@steve51
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,042 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Did you score the points in the moving around part of PIP mobility? If so then you scored this because they're saying that you can stand and move more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres, aided or unaided. To qualify for Enhanced mobility in the moving around part then it's no more than 20 metres.

If this is the decision and you disagree then the next step is to request the MR in writing. You should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity. Do be aware that they look at the whole decision again and not just part of it.

As you now don't qualify for the mobility car then motability will be in contact with you to return the car.

I'd advise getting some face to face advice from welfare rights or a law centre near you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lorraineuk68
    Options
    This was a review I went to court for 1st pip claim they said indoors needed help but out side no... I won appeal dr saw all issues for himself 
    The face to face guy 5th Dec 2018 said condition was not improved etc but in his report was all about my mental health I wasn't there about my mental health 
    His report thats even if it was from him not just a name 
    But 4 lines about my hip .. my back condition ie curved spine was not even spoke of... the dr at appeal saw for himself...

Would they have all reports etc on file too wen they re review there decision??

My last appeal won and granted n believed my walking was minimal now 3 years on I've improved no I haven't 
    I can't stand n cook a meal 
    Shower is issue due to having to climb in bath and is hard work.. 
    So yes I need help in and out 
    N walking i find at my WORSE to even put one foot in front of other 
    I can't even have the regular smear due to my mobility of hips 
    My car is not just a car she my legs 
    And independence isn't that what the I stands for in PIP???

• poppy123456
    Options
    Once you have the decision, if you disagree then your first step is to request the MR followed by Tribunal if that fails and most do.

The decision maker usually goes with the recommendations in the report, it's rare to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • lorraineuk68
    Options
    Poppy untrue 
    I been there this was my 2nd face to face was just a update n actually they can believe the so called person I saw face to face who spoke rubbish it wasn't a mental health review 

I have rang them which u can do so let's hope for a decent person not a xxxxxxxx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Poppy untrue 
    I been there this was my 2nd face to face was just a update n actually they can believe the so called person I saw face to face who spoke rubbish it wasn't a mental health review 

I have rang them which u can do so let's hope for a decent person not a xxxxxxxx
    What is untrue? Sorry i'm not understanding what you mean? When i said "your first step is to request the MR followed by Tribunal if that fails and most do", i meant most MR decisions remain the same, so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Only 18% of MR decisions are successful.
  • lorraineuk68
    Options
    Ok well I scored nothing last time not even for standard rate but the 5th Dec 18 was to see if out had changed and it hasn't infact the so called report was aimed more on mental but I wasn't there for that LOL

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.