Enhanced/standard — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


greatdanemia Member Posts: 15 Connected
Following my successful PIP award I was given the enhanced rate for mobility but only the standard rate for care. 
PIP is the only benefit I qualify for .
To be honest I thought I could cope with the reduced income but because I have to pay for prescriptions/dental care/eye tests and glasses things are becoming tight. Constantly in overdraft and sometimes juggling food costs with medication.
Would I be able to seek a reconsideration on just the standard part of the award or not?
If I do go for the appeal does the money stop or not?



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.