Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What's the best way to get tribunal medical evidence without a charge?

evertongirlie69evertongirlie69 Member Posts: 1 Listener
What’s the best way to get medical evidence, I’m only under my Drs & they charge £50 for any letters of support, I need this as I’m going to tribunal regarding esa. Thanks everyone.

Replies

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @evertongirlie69, and a warm welcome to the community! Hopefully some of our members will be in touch and able to offer some suggestions.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A letter from a GP isn't the best evidence to send because they have no idea how your conditions affect you, unless you tell them.

You can request your medical records and this is free to receive digital copies of those. If you need anything printed then you'll need to pay. A written diary by yourself of how your conditions affect you and your ability to do any type of work. i'm assuming this is for ESA as you've posted in that part of the forum.

Tribunal waiting times are huge and a lot of areas have backlogs of about a year. If you've only recently requested the Tribunal then you'll have plenty of time to send the evidence.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.