New claim for ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New claim for ESA

Options
SamT
SamT Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Good morning,
I'm new to Scope,but need some benefit advice.  I'm coming to the end of my work ssp and my manager is sending the form out that's necessary at 23 weeks. Can I claim contribution based esa at the end of the 28 weeks whilst still employed? Or do i need to hand my notice in? I only work 16 1/2 hours normally as I rec'd a type of spinal cord injury 11 years ago. I work
In primary care at a gp surgery  and think I'm going to have to retire on I'll health grounds as my pain and symptoms are getting worse.  Any advice would be greatfully rec'd. 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @SamT
    My advice would be to contact the DWP and discuss your options.They will advise you as to what route to go down initially. Also help can be found on the C.A.B website as this is only a forum and without knowing your exact circumstances nobody here can tell you what to expect.Good luck.
          Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As all areas are now a full universal credit area then you'll need to claim New style ESA. Details of how to do this are in the following link, scroll to the bottom of the page. You'll need sick/fit notes from your GP to be able to claim this.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.