DLA stopped after accident caused me to miss assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA stopped after accident caused me to miss assessment

Options
Karensteven1
Karensteven1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I had a pip medical 8 weeks ago I was told it should take 6 weeks I'm getting desperate was on dla but fell in bath and broke three ribs was suppose to go for pip a few days later but couldn't go was in agony and couldn't breath but phoned up to explain but my dla was stopped because I didn't go 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Karensteven1 welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear what happened, the waiting time for a decision can vary and depend on the backlog in your area. Have you contacted their helpline to enquire about what stage your claim is at?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Karensteven1 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry what has happened. Have you contacted PIP helpline to enquire as my friend @Ami2301 has stated to you.

I am one of the team of community champions who advise and help new members who have joined.

Please ask if we can help and advise. Some one will know. From our community or a member of our team.

Please hope you recover soon.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Karensteven1

Welcome how are things today????

Please have a good look ? at the info/
    advise above that my good friends @Ami2301 @thespiceman have provided you with.

If there is anything else that I can help/support you with please please let me know ???????

@steve51

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.