Recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, trying to figure out life. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, trying to figure out life.

Poppy0109
Poppy0109 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Heya! I'm Poppy, 25 and living in Lincolnshire. I'm still figuring out this new life since my diagnosis and over a year of illness. I'm an artist, I work at home when I can and that's my biggest passion. And I also want to work in schools part time as a teacher/teaching assistant. 
Would love to meet people on here who understand and maybe make some friends. :smile:

Comments

• cara
    cara Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Hi Poppy.I also.have fibromyalgia,it's horrible the pain and tiredness drains you to exhaustion. The only advise I can offer.you is when.your feeling tired rest don't push yourself. You will.get to know your limits but it takes time. I was diagnosed.over 20yrs ago.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Poppy0109   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

Sorry to hear what you are going through. We have many members like yourself on our website. Have a look around.

Please ask if we can help and advise. Some one will be able to advise and be supportive.

We are friendly, care and share.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • shell11
    shell11 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi poppy I too am new here in the hope of getting some advice on my recent ?? Diagnosis of fybro .. I hope you get some good advice . I hadn’t even heard of it until December x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.