Electrical problem — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Electrical problem

Options
tigris8909
tigris8909 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I have no lighting downstairs as there is a big problem with wires.  I am worrying how much it will cost and if I would be able to claim something back?  I did speak to a woman from the council to do with home improvements, but she said it would be a couple weeks for someone to come out and because I am on ESA contributions based, that I would have to give them evidence of savings, I mean how much can you have to get help?

Comments

• Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'm a spark by trade, what the heck did you do to the wiring? it is not supposed to be exposed for people to mess with it.

I see you have posted a photo of yourself on here, can you post a picture of the problem on here?
  • tigris8909
    tigris8909 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I have someone coming to fix it tomorrow but worried about cost.  Not done anything to the wiring myself, it is old but whoever did it must be on drugs

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.