Struggle with benefits applications — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Struggle with benefits applications

rogerdodger Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is Roger I have many disabilities I am on ESA and pip , I struggle a lot with benefits and applications as my mental health is quite poor , I hope u can help me with various problems , I'm 61 


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @rogerdodger   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am sorry to hear that you having problems.

    I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

    I have mental health issues myself. No how hard this is. 

    I use mental health charities.  I used this one last time if that helps you.

    Have a look at our mental health support and advice may be useful to look at.  On our website and please take some time to look around. We are friendly.

    As for problems with forms and benefits I use CAB for form filling in. Very informative, helpful.

    Please ask if we can help and advise some one will know.  From our team or a member of our community.

    Please take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rogerdodger, and a warm welcome to the community! How are you today?

    Glad to see you've had a response from @thespiceman. Do have a look around, and if we can be of any assistance, just let us know. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.