ESA Query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Query

Silver925
Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
Hi I started out on ESA Contribution based in 2012 Wrag had 365 day time limit. Then applied and was on Income related ESA wrag till Jan 2019. Have now been moved to support group with income related top up. If I was to be put back in wrag would I have the 365 day time limit again or income based Thanks

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @silverline925

Welcome to the community, thank you for sharing this with us. Our members will be able to answer questions.
    On the GOV.uk site it says: 

‘New style’ and contribution-based ESA last for 365 days if you’re in the work-related activity group.

There’s no time limit if you’re in the support group, or if you’re getting income-based ESA.

Also please have a look at our ESA page

If you have further questions, please let us know.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As you're now claiming Income related then if you're placed into the WRAG then this will also be income related so the 365 day rule doesn't apply to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.