PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip arrears payment

mumof22018mumof22018 Member Posts: 43 Connected
Hi i recently applied for pip and had my assesment at home last week so wont know outcomw for a while as live in NI and have read that they wont lwt u have a copy of report until after descision is made so i wont bother them the assesmnet seemed to go welll and i used the hellpful advise on here to do my application
What i wanted to know has anyone been in my situation i have a tax credit overpayment which i am paying through my universal credit award monthly does anyone know if i am successful and am due arrears payment will it be offered to offset the amount has anyone ever incountered this?
I have googled it many ways and cant find a answer the pdf i get doesnt mention pip just other benifits i rang department for communities debt management and they could not tell me and the lady asked aroumd the office and no one knew the answer 
So just wanted to no if anyone ever had tax credit over payment u r paying off and then applied for pip did u get ur arrears or did u get a lettwr to say they kept some or all of it to ofset againt the overpayment
Sorry if this question isnt appropriate then just ignore thx its  just  i cant seem to get an answer so thought maybe some members might know thx again 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Debts can be taken from a disability backdated payment.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • mumof22018mumof22018 Member Posts: 43 Connected
    Thx i just wanted clarification so if i am successful not to expect the arrears ths poppy
Sign in or join us to comment.