Pip arrears payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip arrears payment

Options
mumof22018
mumof22018 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Hi i recently applied for pip and had my assesment at home last week so wont know outcomw for a while as live in NI and have read that they wont lwt u have a copy of report until after descision is made so i wont bother them the assesmnet seemed to go welll and i used the hellpful advise on here to do my application
What i wanted to know has anyone been in my situation i have a tax credit overpayment which i am paying through my universal credit award monthly does anyone know if i am successful and am due arrears payment will it be offered to offset the amount has anyone ever incountered this?
I have googled it many ways and cant find a answer the pdf i get doesnt mention pip just other benifits i rang department for communities debt management and they could not tell me and the lady asked aroumd the office and no one knew the answer 
So just wanted to no if anyone ever had tax credit over payment u r paying off and then applied for pip did u get ur arrears or did u get a lettwr to say they kept some or all of it to ofset againt the overpayment
Sorry if this question isnt appropriate then just ignore thx its  just  i cant seem to get an answer so thought maybe some members might know thx again 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Debts can be taken from a disability backdated payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mumof22018
    mumof22018 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Options
    Thx i just wanted clarification so if i am successful not to expect the arrears ths poppy

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.